4 calling birds

Seasons greetings all,
I was looking on pintrest the other day when I came across all these different recipies for hot chocolate! I love hot chocolate so I had to look at all the recipes. These are some of the recipes I saw that I thought looked amazing!




1. One Christmas I got an amazing jar of hot chocolate. It was so thick and chocolatey. I haven't tried making this yet but I was so excited that I had found a recipe for it that I just had to share it! It's Italian hot chocolate.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons butter
2 tsp cornstarch
2 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan for low heat.

2. Whisk in cornstach until combined and melty.

3. Add in milk and sugar. Increase the heat gradually to medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Mixture will start to thicken.

4. Once the mixture begins to thicken, turn the heat down to low and add in the chocolate chips. Stir constantly until well melted.

5. Serve hot. Keep the leftovers because it is also amazing, if not better cold!

hot chocolatenot my picture (found it on pintrest)








2. I also found this picture of all these different hot chocolate recipes. They all look so easy to make and really cool as well.
easy hot chocolate recipe not my picture (found it on pintrest)









3. I really love salted caramel hot chocolates from starbucks! I found a recipe on pintrest, yay! The person who made the recipe did state that they had never had a salted caramel hot chocolate from starbucks so they didn't know if it tastes exactly the same but I'm sure it will taste fine!
caramel hot chocolate





Not my picture (found it on pintrest)














Serves: 8

Ingredients

1½ cups granulated sugar
¼ tsp fresh lemon juice
4½ cups room temperature milk (I used 1%—any fat percentage you enjoy drinking should work)
8 oz milk chocolate, finely chopped
2 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
Big pinch salt
Whipped cream and caramel sauce, to garnish (optional)

Instructions

In a small bowl, rub together the sugar and the lemon juice, until the sugar is damp and fragrant.

Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and let it preheat for several minutes until the pan is hot. Once the saucepan is hot, add the sugar. Begin stirring immediately and continuously. Because the pan was preheated, the sugar will start cooking very quickly. Soon after it liquefies it will start to take on color. Cook, stirring constantly, until it is a medium amber color.

Continue to stir while you stream in the milk. The caramel may seize and form small chunks of sugar, but continue to stir and heat the mixture, and by the time the milk is piping hot, the caramel will have melted and you will have a smooth liquid.

Once the milk is at a simmer (small bubbles forming along the sides of the pan) remove the pan from the heat. Don’t let the milk come to a boil! Add the chopped chocolates to the pan and whisk until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is melted. Add a pinch of salt, taste the milk, and add more salt if desired.

Serve Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate with whipped cream and caramel sauce. It can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat it in the microwave or stove.





4. This hot chocolate looks amazing, I really want to make it! The inventor of this hot chocolate said they drank it with cinnamon rolls, so I think I will to.
spiced white hot chocolate
























Not my picture (found it on pintrest)














Ingredients

8 oz white chocolate, broken into small pieces
4 cups milk chocolate
2 cups milk
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
7 oz jar marshmallow creme
4 sticks of cinnamon
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped OR 2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cardamom OR 4 cardamom pods
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg OR 1 whole nutmeg

Instructions

1. Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove cinnamon sticks, pods and nutmeg before serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frosty days

How I Make My Perfect Cup Of Tea

new year/pictures/and plans