Where I'm at (2018)



Well... long time no see, eh?

I'm very aware that I haven't posted anything in the last 2 years but I was re-reading old blog posts with friends (and kind of dying of embarrassment) and I felt really inspired to start writing again. I don't really know why I stopped, because I love doing it.
So here I am 2 years later with probably no more knowledge than I had before that I'll try to share to the rest of the world!!!

So the last 2 years, what happened? I had to look back on my Instagram (since I litterly post my whole life on there) to see what I've been up to since Jan 2016.
First here's a up to date picture of me first of all in case you forgot what I looked like!

Me Falling with Grace

Me pretending to be classy



So here's a quick, or not so quick rundown:

  • I started my Gold DofE
  • Went away for my Papa's 70th... but had to study cos:
  • I did my 5th year highers!!!! But because of that stressful time, as a treat:
  • I went to my first proper concert: COLDPLAY!!!!
  • I went to a few weddings
  • Went to the Netherlands for one of the nicest holidays I can remember (apart from France, but that's coming up soon- SPOILERS!)

  • That summer I also went to Abernethy Adventure Plus... and then from there decided I was going to do a gap year with Abernethy, but yet again SPOILERS!
  • Because I was now in 6th year, I started applying for unis and going to university open days
  • I went to another Concert- Bastille (it was soooooo gooooood)
  • Christmas and New Year happened 
  • So now we are in 2017
  • And my friends started turning 18 (so old). Shout out to Eilidh cos she was the first to be 18, you're such a old woman!!!
  • We went to London for a few days with the school and managed to pack everything you can do in London in like 3 days!
  • Then it was Easter which is good but for the fact I was having to study for my last ever set of exams, butttt...
  • Ed Sheeran happened! I went to the Ed Sheeran concert just before my exams started which was a nice break of studying.
  • So we had our last day of school before exams started. It was so crazy to be leaving school, though because we still had exams it wasn't that weird. I'm still not sure even now in Feb 2018 that leaving school has hit me.
  • I DID MY LAST EVER SCHOOL EXAMS!
  • Then as soon as exmas finished I did my qualifying DofE exped, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But I was so glad to have done it and got it out of the way.
  • Then the final thing to put my school days at rest and so I could finally enjoy my summer was graduation. My graduation is the point in my life where I figured I'd finished school and that's where my "freedom" started.*please note the inverted commas
  • The first thing to start of the summer was going away with the family for my granny's 70th birthday, it was such a good weekend. Made even better because I didn't have any studying to do (which like I said before, on my Papa's 70th birthday party I did have to do!)
  • I should also say at this point that I had my gap year sorted out (coming up soon) and I had a deferred entry to university for the year after (coming up in MY future soon). 
  • I went to the Royal Highland Show with my granny and papa for a couple of days
  • And then I went to the Free Church Bootcamp. Probably a very important week of my life. I learnt so much- maybe I'll write about it soon. Or I'll probably write about what I learn on year 2 in June this year. 
  • In July I went to TRNSMT festival and saw so many of my fave artists! Such a good few days of my life.
  • Then it was my driving test and.........  I PASSED!
  • Then that evening I drove to London... ONLY JOKING. I took the sleeper train down to London and stayed there for a few days. 
  • Then I took the train back up to the Lake District and went to the Keswick convention for the rest of the week.
  • And then just a couple of weeks before I left home to do my gap year I went and was an Activity Group Leader at Abernethy's Adventure Unlimited. At one of the other Abernethy Centers.
  • The last week before I left was swimming in the sea and lochs, drinking champagne, having bonfires and helping at our churches holiday club.
  • Then 14th August I OFFICIALLY LEFT HOME! My gap year started and 6 months later I'm still there at the Abernethy Ardeonaig Outdoor Center. I'll probably do a post on my gap year soon.
  • And also non-gap year related things after August were; going to France in October (one of the best holidays ever) and turning 18 in November!!!



WOW! Well done if you actually read all that, thanks for scrolling to here if you decided to scroll to the end. I feel like I've done loads the past couple of years of my life and I'm excited about the future and to see what it holds for me.
I'll also hopefully post more now that I have motivation to do it again.
Thanks for reading

Love Katrin xx






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frosty days

How I Make My Perfect Cup Of Tea

new year/pictures/and plans