A Week in Provence

Shove me in a beautiful part of the world and I’ll be imagining myself being the feature of some lame romantic novel or my life being one big music video. This is how I felt all week taking pictures of small villages, walking down to the local boulangerie to buy breakfast and watching the sunset I just can’t word just how beautiful Provence is.
I'd just left home a couple of months before so it was the longest time I spent with my family since leaving. And it was so lovely to spend that time with them in a beautiful part of the world.


We left early from Glasgow Airport where it was cold and dark and drizzly. And arrived in Marseille Airport where it was warm and sunny and the skys were blue. I knew I was going to be happy as soon as I stepped out the plane.



The first hurdle was to collect our rental car from the airport... and when we saw the size of it the next hurdle was to squeeze all 5 of us and our lauguage into it with no arguments. 
We got a bit lost trying to find our house and took a few wrong turns and mum got a bit stressed. But as I said it was just the scenic route and we were just exploring France. En route to the house we picked up provisions from the not so authentic French Lidl.


The house was so beeaaaauuutiful and the couple that owned it were very kind to us. The house had a beautiful garden with lemon trees, olive trees a bbq and other very summery things you can think of. The house also had a swimming pool but you were kidding yourself if you thought you would have a relaxing swim in there. IT WAS FLIPPIN FREEZING! It was warmer swimming in the sea! The other thing that was exciting was that I could access French Netflix (this makes me sound like such a awful person, which lets be real, I guess I am) I could watch Friends. Woohoooooo. Though, a sad story about this is; I downloaded loads of episodes of Friends to watch on the plane journey on the way back but when we got our connecting flight in The Netherlands because they don’t have friends on netlix there and I connected to their wifi my downloads wouldn’t work!!!! Yeah, I know, sad. I was raging. Sad story and also sad life.


Because I get excited by lame things like setting the table and making things look nice I was well buzzing to make dinner the first night and set the table outside.


The next few days were filled with me walking down to the boulangerie and buying breakfast, going to beautiful places and taking waaaaay to many pictures and swimming in the sea. And evenings were filled with drinking rose wine listening to some weird jazz music that i had found on spotify and became obsessed with as the sun set and sitting outside became chillier and soon blankets were brought outside to sit with. It's the simple memories like these that are the most lovely.

 One of the most beautiful towns we visited as Aix en Provence. It was just a beautuful place to wander and to take in the arty culture. Don't think Robbie was as impressed as I was to be wandering down a town all day.






 Another beautiful place we visited was the verdon gorge. When you come across it, it's breathtaking. The water is so blue. We took a pedel boat and went up the whole gorge and It's even more beautiful when you travel up.











The town we stayed in. La Ciotat was also really pretty. So finding beautiful places to explore wasn't that difficult. It's a portal town on the mediterranean coast, so many days were spent swimming. The majority of the coast in la ciotat itself is rocky but they did make an artificial sandy beach. Both were great to swim in cos, well, I just loooove swimming in the sea. The only downsides of swimming in the sea in the south of France is the jelly fish and the half naked people on the beach (but, y'know, that's just french culture right?)
Elspeth can testify to the jelly fish being a downside. We visited a couple of the Calanques in France and let's just say they were very beautiful and serene until this happened:




But anyways, back to beautiful pictures (not that Elspeth isn't beautiful, just look at those beauuut frekles in this next picture, I'm pretty jelous of them!)













Oh... and I couldn't forget food pictures! Oh yes, it wouldn't be me if I didn't take at least one food pic!











p.s in case you were worried that I was still raging about Netflix, I’m fine now because UK Netflix got Friends at the beginning of  2018! I know you were all worried for me!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frosty days

How I Make My Perfect Cup Of Tea

new year/pictures/and plans