My Summer

Hello,
Summer is coming to an end! I'm pretty sad about that but then again I love Autumn and Winter, it has my birthday and Christmas and I love all the colours, food and clothes for that season. 
Anyway, I'm not talking about autumn and winter now. I'm going to be reminiscing on my summer.

So back in May I had my last exam (28th). And the day after my Mum and I went down to Livingstone and I stayed with another family we know and that was really fun, we did loads of shopping and we also went to the cinema. The rest of my family came on the Saturday afternoon, and we stayed till the Monday. The Monday was the 1st of June which is my Mum's birthday as well.

After this I had to go back to school for a while. And I started my next stage in school.

Then the holidays rolled around (yay)! I helped out at a church lunch and I had so much fun setting out the little sandwiches and cakes. It was such a beautiful day as well.


On the 4th July my mum and I took my little sister to her first camp, she was so excited and she went with her two friends. My mum made a 4th of July cake for the camp, I drew the little flag on it.

During the week my sister was at the camp the rest of my family went up to my papa and granny's house to drop of my dog. It was a really lovely short trip and I managed to find a suitcase for my holidays (in LIDL of all places).

On the next Saturday we collected Ellie from her camp and drove down to Keswick in the lake district. We were camping for the week.

We were attending the Keswick Convention which is a Christian event (https://keswickministries.org/) they were having their 140th anniversary. I went to all of the youth events and I really enjoyed it. I loved catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. The town of Keswick was so gorgeous as well.

We left Keswick the following Saturday and drove all the way down to Anglesey in Wales.

The house we were staying in was so gorgeous, it was an old converted barn and it was decorated so beautifully. The room I was staying was an old hay loft and it was so cool!

I've never been to Wales before so it was so nice to explore some of it. I visited a number of places in Anglesey and went to the mainland as well. I visited Newborough, Beaumaris, Holyhead, Llanberis, Mount Snowdon and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. All these places are so pretty and lovely apart from Holyhead (no offence to people who live there) there is just nothing to do there
 Here is some pictures of my visit to Wales.






On the Saturday I went to the train station and I went down to London! I was staying at my Uncle and Auntie's house I helped to look after my little cousins, my friend Clare came down to London to help as well.
On the Sunday I went to church in a barge! A floating church is the coolest! We went and saw an organ recital in St Paul's Cathedral and in the evening we had dinner in wagamamas. 

On the Monday we all went to Buckingham Palace, it was so amazing seeing it. On the Tuesday we had a less busy day and we went to the town of Greenwich and did a bunch of stuff there, it was a very relaxing day.

On Wednesday we were having to say goodbye to Clare :( We had our lunch at Trafalgar Square. We went to the National Gallery and saw Van Gogh and Monet paintings! They were so amazing in real life. Then we took Clare to the train station and said our sad goodbyes.
The Thursday was another relaxing day we all went swimming in the pool, well I didn't I looked after the baby. And my cousin swam without arm-bands for the first time. In the evening we went out for dinner in Cafe Rouge, it was such a lovely last evening in London.


On Friday I left London from Kings Cross Station and I had my 8 hour train journey that I have written about before. http://mylifeandtea.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/my-first-class-train-experience.html

On Tuesday 4th August was the day I got my exam results! I was really pleased with them and I even passed French!

For the rest of the week I helped get a hall ready for my church holiday club. It was called "Mega Makers" and it was all about Inventors and Scientists.



On the Friday We went gorge walking. My uncle's were supposed to take my mum gorge walking for her 40th birthday. And it was now past her 41st birthday and they eventually decided to take us to Bridge of Brown. We filmed it on a go-pro.

And then on the last week of the holidays it was the holiday club. It was so much fun, teaching the children about God and I had amazing fellowship with some great people. 

And then I had to go back to school.
And that was my summer.

I hope you enjoyed reading this really looooooong post and I will see you soon.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frosty days

How I Make My Perfect Cup Of Tea

new year/pictures/and plans